Bike riding has become a popular, modern way of exercising nowadays. In fact, you must be here right now because you’re one of those people who couldn’t get through a day without engaging in it. If you’re thinking about getting the best upright exercise bike in the market, then this best upright exercise bike review is made for you.
We have decided to make a short, but detailed analysis and find the best products to help you determine which one suits your needs perfectly.
Best Upright Exercise Bike Quick Comparison
|Magnetic Tension Levels||Max Capacity|
|Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike||31’’ x 19’’ x 46’’|
|Schwinn 170 Upright Bike||41’’ x 22’’ x 56’’|
|FitDesk 2.0 Desk Exercise Bike with Massage Bar||28’’ x 16’’ x 45’’|
|Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike Fitness Upgraded Machine||26’’ x 21’’ x 50’’|
|Exerpeutic GOLD 500 XLS Foldable Upright Bike||26.4’’ x 24.8’’ x 57.5’’|
5 Benefits of An Upright Exercise Bike
Upright exercise bikes have already become very popular, not only for those who regularly go to the gym, but also to those who cannot go, but still wish to get their desired full-body exercise on a daily basis. We have found many good things that you may get out of an upright exercise bike. Here are some of it:
- Low impact workouts: An upright exercise bike is a lot easier on your joints. Using it will make you less susceptible to any lower body injury as it balances out your body weight to reduce stress. In case you have a knee, ankle or leg injury, this low impact position will help relieve pain when you exercise.
- Calorie burning: With continuous and consistent spinning, your body is able to burn thousands of calories. Depending on your goal, you may burn 400 to 700 calories an hour. The outcome is of course also dependent on how much you weigh and how fast you can go.
- Indoor workout: You don’t have to worry about having to go out just to get a full-body exercise. With the upright exercise bike, you can just stay indoors and work out whenever you deem to. You can use it while you watch TV, listen to music or even when you’re talking to someone on the phone. You can use it regardless of the weather.
- Cardiovascular Improvement: Riding an upright exercise bike even for only twenty minutes every day can help improve your health as it raises your heart rate. This will reduce your chances of heart disease.
- Portable and sleek: An upright exercise bike is sleeker than a recumbent bike and will take lesser space in your home. You can also easily fold it and store it after use.
An upright exercise bike is indeed a very significant and helpful instrument in your exercise routine. It does not only help people who are already physically fit, it can also help anyone who has back, knee, or joint problems which sometimes makes other cardiovascular exercises difficult. This is because this product places less stress on the joints than other cardio equipment.
5 Important Things You Need to Consider When Finding the Best Upright Exercise Bike
To help you discover the perfect exercise bike for you and your family, we have thought about the things that you need to think about before you shop.
- Style: There are bikes that can be folded and put away easily. If you’re that kind of person who likes to organize, then we think you should be able to find one like this.
- Comfort: Upright bikes will not be too comfortable for you especially when it is your first time using one. It is because the seats are naturally structured smaller than other bikes. That’s normal. However, if you can find ones that have larger seats than the others, that will surely be more comfortable for you.
- Mobility: Although upright bikes have smaller seats, one of the good things about having one is being able to move, stand, and sit freely while you pedal. The product should be less restrictive and will allow your movements to be more versatile.
- Price: You need to remember that upright exercise bikes are usually less costly than other stationary bikes. However, you also need to know that the higher the price, the better options you can have.
- Space: Most upright exercise bikes are sleekly designed and will only take a small space in your home. However, you might find some products online that are bigger than usual. Make sure that you choose the product that will best fit a space in your home.
Best Upright Exercise Bike Reviews
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Bike (with Pulse) has been consistent at being one of the top-selling exercise bikes on Amazon.com. Besides the fact that it is very affordable, it has also been proven to deliver an excellent workout experience.
If you have limited exercise space in your home, this bike may be a great option for you. It is lightweight and can be folded into half of its original size. This also means that you can just easily store it in a closet or under your bed.
Although this product is one of the cheapest bikes you can find online, all of its features are still considerably good. It has the Hand Pulse Monitor that provides the ability to monitor your heart rate which is significant in determining how much exercise your body can really handle. This product only weighs 42.8 lbs but it has a strong steel x-frame design that can hold up to 300 lbs.
The Exerpeutic Upright Bike also has an eight-level Magnetic Tension control system that allows you to adjust the tension level if you want an easier or a more difficult workout. It also has the high-torque 3-piece crank system that provides you a smooth and consistent cycling motion, and an LCD display that lets you see the distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan and heart rate.
Another good thing about this bike is that it has large pedals and a padded seat which are both perfect for you or anyone whose height ranges from 5’3” to 6’1” inches.
Nevertheless, we think that this product may be good for you if you want an exercise bike that is not very expensive, but still has high quality.
Schwinn has done it again with their 170 Upright Exercise Bike. As we have read, they have been an innovator in the cycling world for over 100 years and their long experience reflects well in the quality of their products.
The Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise bike is made of a strong steel frame and a high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel which provides you a stable cycling platform, and a smooth and quiet workout.
This bike’s console is equipped with 29 workout programs that can be modified according to your own fitness level and workout goals. It has 9 heart rate control that help you maintain your heart rate while you work out. That means you have a lot of options to choose from, and this will surely keep you motivated and challenged.
Moreover, it has 4 user profiles which you can create and choose from. That means four members of your family can set their profile and track their own progress. They can even save all the data onto a USB stick through its USB charging port.
Another great feature is that it its Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to transfer your workout data through Schwinn ConnectTM or MyFitnessPal. It also has a dual track 2-LCD window system. One of the two windows is responsible for monitoring your current session, while the other monitors your overall progress and shows you whether or not you have achieved the goals you have set in your profile.
Furthermore, this bike has removable forearm rests and adjustable handlebars. This means that the Schwinn 170 really does his best to make your exercise as comfortable as possible. With its 3-speed fan, you will be able to handle the heat better once you start sweating while working out. You also never have to worry about sound quality since it has a pair of acoustic chamber speakers.
If you’re looking for an upright exercise bike with an adjustable seat that can allow both upright and semi-recumbent position, then this product must be perfect for you. This product includes a fully functioning sliding desk that comes with a drawer and a forearm massage rollers which provides support for your arms.
With its twin belt, high-velocity flywheel, you can also be assured that your exercise will go smoothly and quietly. Its sliding desk platform may allow you to work on your computer as you work on your cardiovascular health. This means that while you are working out your body, you also have the opportunity to schedule meetings, surf the web or talk to your friends on the phone without leaving your exercise bike.
On the other hand, its forearm massage rollers can help you relieve the pain in your arms. We think this is great for you if your job includes typing on a computer all day long.
Moreover, this bike has 8 different levels of resistance that you can choose from. This includes a magnetic resistance that lets you enjoy your workout by making it ultra-quiet and smooth. You won’t get distracted by any forms of noise, and it is very simple: all you have to do is simply turn a knob.
We also mentioned that this bike comes with a storage drawer. This makes it unique and practical since you will be able to have everything you need within your reach. You won’t have to get off the bike when you need water, or when you need your music player, notepads, pencils and other important things you need for work and entertainment. You just have to prepare it and store it in your drawer before you ride the bike.
In case you want a product that’s very simple and not too expensive, then this product might be good for you. It only weighs 40 lbs which make it lighter than other bikes, and it can hold up to 220 lbs.
Moreover, it features an 8-level magnetic resistance that can easily be adjusted. All you have to do is turn the knob in the middle of the bike. It is very versatile since it can be set into three different positions or seat heights.
This product is also constructed for low impact cardio training which you can just do at any time in your own home. It has a sturdy steel frame, padded handlebars, and padded seats that will assure you a higher level of comfort.
Finally, we think this product may also be a good deal since it has a built-in digital display that lets you monitor your calories burned, and the distance, speed, and time you have spent on your exercise.
This exercise bike is a little bit heavy since it weighs 51.5 lbs. However, we still think that’s not a problem at all since it is designed to support up to 400 lbs. Despite being heavy, you won’t have to worry about storing it since it can also be folded into two.
The product features a high torque 3-piece crank system and an 8-level magnetic tension control system that you can adjust for an easier or more difficult workout. It also has a balanced flywheel and a V-belt drive that makes your overall exercise experience smoother and quieter. You no longer have to worry about not being able to watch your favorite show on your free time or talk to someone on the phone since you can do that while exercising.
Another feature that we like about this bike is that it also has an LCD display that lets you monitor the calories you have already burned, the distance, time, and speed you’ve done, and tracks your pulse rate.
You just have to remember all the important points we have shared with you once you start choosing the best product. You need to ask yourself what you want and what you are looking for. Are you looking for the product with the highest quality? Are you looking for the cheapest product? No matter which exercise bike you purchase, we hope that you get to enjoy and make the most out of it.
Did we miss any products that you think should be included in our best upright exercise bike reviews? Let us know in the comment section below! If you liked our reviews, please feel free to press the like button and share after reading our article! Thank you!