Best rowing machines are specifically designed to be the perfect solutions to your fit-related issues. Specifically tailored to deliver the possibility for a whole-body workout, you would be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits, ranging from enhanced cardio-vascular functioning to increase in muscle mass and a lot of other. With this in mind, some of the best home rowing machines will ensure: + Proper development of your muscles throughout the entire body, + Enhanced breathing capacities as your lungs are constantly involved, + Considerably enhance cardio-vascular functioning, + Overall increase in the mobility of your body.
Best Rowing Machine Reviews 2017
As we mentioned above, we’ve decided to go with 6 overly liked products based on hundreds of customer reviews and thorough research. However, it goes without saying that all of them perform differently and are designated to satisfy various needs and requirements. Furthermore, it’s worth noting that they are of different budgets as we want to make sure that we include an option for every pocket. However, without any further ado, here’s a brief overview of the units we’d want to bring your attention to.
|Product||Max Weight||Assembled Dimensions|
|Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5||500 Lbs||96’’x14’’x24’’||A+|
|WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine in Ash Wood with S4 Monitor||1000 Lbs||84’’x21’’x22‘’||A+|
|Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine||250 Lbs||82’’ x 19’’ x 23’’||A+|
|Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine||250 Lbs||58’’x42,5’’x18’’||A|
|Stamina Air Rower Rowing Machine||250 Lbs||77’’x18’’x22’’||A|
|Rowing Machine with 12 Adjustable Resistance - SF-RW1205||220 Lbs||53’’ x 20’’ x 22’’||A|
** Below, you’ll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer’s review on Amazon
Rowing Machine Before And After Results Pictures
Weight Loss Stories – Adrianne Lost 100 Pounds in 15 months with a rowing machine
There is definite a tremendous amount of value in the best home rowing machines. Delivering the chance to conveniently perform a whole-body workout without having to hit the gym, these solutions are definitely worth giving a thought. You can read more benefits of a rowing machine – Livestrong.com. With this in mind, here are some of the things that you might want to look out for when picking up a unit of the kind:
- Strength of the frame – this is going to determine the supported weight and, therefore, the overall usability of the machine.
- The comfort of the seat and foot rests – you need to be sure that your workout sessions are going to be convenient enough to draw the most value.
- LCD Displays – the best units are going to contain high-end LCD displays which are going to provide you with the chance to track performance and analyze them later.
- Life – like experience at a convenient loudness – the best home rowing machines offer almost life-like experience without being overly noisy – that’s what makes them so convenient.
- Price – of course, you need to consider the units which are fit for your budget.
Reviews Of Top 6 Best Rowing Machines
Now, regardless of whether you are just getting into rowing or you’ve been practicing it for quite some time already, the Concept 2 Model D is without a doubt one of the best choices on the market. You can look for information Concept2 at Wikipedia. It’s packed with everything that you might need to conduct a powerful and smooth full-body routine. The style of the machine is capable of fitting almost any kind of domestic environment and the silent row is definitely preferable.
- Indoor rowing is an effective full-body, low-impact workout; Flywheel design minimizes noise while maximizing a smooth feel
- Includes the Performance Monitor 5, giving you accurate, comparable data for every row; Adjustable monitor arm
- 14-inch seat height, nickel-plated chain, adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle
- Easily separates into two pieces for storage. Caster wheels make it mobile
- Requires footprint of 9 x 4 feet; 500-pound capacity; 5-year frame warranty
As far as the features of the machine go, it comes with:
- Flywheel appearance minimizes noise when maximizing a quite smooth sensation
- Performance Monitor 5 can provide you exact, equivalent information for each row
- User-friendly menu assists you to manage preset workouts, amusements, and different types of dialects
- Flexible monitor arm
- Flexible footrests on the indoor rowers for convenient and simple measuring.
- Ergonomic handle highlights a 10-degree twist that let you interact with natural hand and arm position.
- ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart allow you to connect with compatible heart rate monitors
- Easily isolates into two pieces for more capacity thanks to quick-release frame lock structure
- Caster wheels for very simple transportation and some more
- The dimensions of the unit are as follows: 96”(Length); 14”(Width); 24”(Height)
- They are particularly convenient and make it applicable in a lot of home environments. It’s going to arrive perfectly packed with a double-layered box.
The WaterRower Natural Rowing machine is one that’s definitely bringing all the benefits. It is handcrafted from solid Ash wood in order to ensure exceptional durability. It can hold a weight of up to 1000 pounds and it comes with the innovative S4 Performance monitor which is without a doubt tremendously comprehensive. However, let’s dig a bit deeper.
- Handcrafted rowing machine with "water flywheel" that replicates actual rowing feel
- Flywheel sits in enclosed water tank to provide smooth, quiet, self-regulated resistance
- Series 4 performance monitor tracks workout intensity, stroke rate, heart rate, and more
- Solid ash and stained honey oak construction absorbs sound and vibration
- Stores upright; measures 84 x 21 x 22 inches (W x H x D) and weighs 117 pounds
The features that you can look forward to in this particular machine include:
- S4 Performance Monitor for comprehensive tracking of your workouts
- A Water flywheel which is going to realistically replicate the dynamics as well as the nature of rowing at home
- Comfortable and ergonomic seat with a convenient footrest to promote stability while working out
- Maximum weight of the user is set to 454 kg or 1000 pounds which is amazing.
- As far as the dimensions go, they are as follows: 21”(Height); 22”(Width); 84”(Length) which is definitely considerable.
- What is more, there is a rower water tank which weights around 100 pounds so the entire thing isn’t incredibly heavy. However, it has rollers so no issues in this regard.
If you want to find the most suitable rowing machine that cost less than $250, you have found us. This is amongst the most innovative magnetic rowers in 2016. It’s absolutely not some normal rowers for many professional athletes, instead, it is suitable for anyone who loves to undertake aerobic training without going to the gym, it’s quite a perfect choice.
The SF-RW5515 Rower provides many necessities for a perfect cardio workout as well as other at-home fitness that one person could ever wish for. The modern standard in the home fitness!
- Magnetic tension System with (8) levels of adjustable resistance
- Large LCD console displays time, count, calories, total count, Scan
- Fully padded seat and non-slip grip handlebars for optimal comfort
- Large anti-slip foot pedals with adjustable foot straps
- Built in transportation wheels for easy portability; maximum user weight 250 lbs
Some noticeable features of our machine:
- Magnetic strain system with 8 levels of flexible resistance
- 100% padded seat as well as non-slip hold handlebars for maximizing comfort
- Constructed in the transportation wheels for simple flexibility.
- Track your changes by LCD monitor which is very easy to know and helpful with a grip pulse sensor shows the heart rate
- Big, sturdy pedals accompanying with safety belts offering high security
- The padded seat offers satisfying rowing experience
- The single motion structure that works each significant muscle group
- The frame has magnetic tension in order to offer smooth-gliding appearance with many levels of strengths that is also amazingly quiet.
- The dimensions: 82L x 19W x 23H in. 250 lbs weight capacity. Seat can rail to give smooth slide.
Considering the price range, this is without a doubt a mediocre choice for people on tight budget. However, even though it lacks the high-tech appeal, it’s going to provide you with absolutely everything you need to conduct a perfect, whole-body workout at home without any issues. Furthermore, it’s more compact and it’s entirely designed to fit smaller premises.
- Home rowing machine with compact footprint--23.5 x 46 inches
- Adjustable gas-shock resistance
- Monitor shows time, stroke count, and calories burned
- Sturdy, steel frame construction
- Folds for easy storage
Of course, it’s worth taking a quick look at some of the features:
- It has a gas-shock resistance which is conveniently adjustable for controlling the effort
- The construction is made out of steel in order to ensure durability and sturdiness
- There is a monitor which is going to show you the calories you’ve burnt and the time of practice
- Folded for convenient and effortless storage
- Now, it’s also worth noting that even if it’s unfolded, the unit is still quite compact. It’s dimensions are as follows: 58”(Length); 18”(Height) and 42,5”(Width). It’s easy to fit it within different rooms.
- Furthermore, it weighs only 39 pounds which means you can store it away when you want and get it out when you need to work out if you don’t want it to be permanently fixed
The Stamina Air Rower is another affordable unit in the lower spectrum of the price range. It relies on wind-resistant technology in order to provide genuine and life-like experience. The truth is that it’s going to bring you more than you can expect from a unit of this price.
- Wind-resistance rowing machine with multi-function performance monitor
- Monitor displays speed, distance, time, and calories burned
- Padded, upholstered seat; large footplates for any size user; over-sized, angled seat rail for smooth sliding
- Folds for storage; built-in wheels for portability; floor protectors prevent skidding
- Three-year frame warranty; 90-day parts warranty Assembled size-77" long x 18" wide x 22" tall
Some of the features of the unit include but are not limited to:
- Folding mechanism to ensure easy and convenient storage
- Padded seat that is very comfortable
- Large foot rests which are going to suit all sorts of sizes as well as different characteristics of the foot
- It has a monitor which displays the time, calories which have been burnt and the distance
- As far as the dimensions go, it is 45” long, 24” tall and 9” wide, making it the perfect domestic appliance.
- It weighs 53 pounds because of the air corpus but is conveniently stored away thanks to the wheels which are built-in. It’s also packed with floor protectors to ensure that it doesn’t scratch sensitive floorings.
This unit is the best rowing machine for the money, bottom end of the price range. However, it comes with a considerable amount of perks for the money you pay, which is rather inconsiderable.
- 12 levels of adjustable resistance
- Comfortable, smooth running seat
- Pivoting foot plates for added comfort
- Adjustable foot straps
- Electronic monitor displays time, count, total count, calories burned, scan
Let’s get a bit more technical by taking a look at some of the features:
- Sleek frame made out of solid steel for sturdiness
- 12 levels of resistance for different goals
- Anti-slip foot plates for convenient usage
- LCD Monitor that displays the calories burned, time and count
- The seat is ergonomically designed to promote comfort
- The unit comes in the following dimensions: 53”(Length); 20”(Width) and 22”(Height).
- It weighs only 20 lbs which is absolutely inconsiderable and is capable of supporting up to 220 lbs.
There are certain things that we want to help you with in order to make the entire process of buying a unit of the kind and the consequential usage a lot easier and more effective. So, let’s take a look.
1. How To Choose The Best Rowing Machine?
This is a common question. The truth is that you need to determine your budget, requirements and particular goals. If you are looking for a professional solution, you shouldn’t even consider purchasing anything below $500. On the other hand, if you are looking for something to get you busy and work out every day to maintain a proper physical shape, you really don’t need something fancy and high-end.
2. What’s The Best Way To Use The Rowing Machine?
There is a very specific motion that you would have to perform in order to get the best out of the rowing machine. In fact, its sole designation is to replicate the motion that you do when rowing – hence, the name. However, there is a difference. You are going to have to pull the cord with the handle in front of you towards your chest. As you do this, the machine is going to pull your seat forward and your legs are going to fold. In order to get in an exit position, you would have to push with your legs. That’s the motion that you will be doing.
It is convenient enough because it encompasses and involves a wide range of muscles. That’s why it’s a great workout tool for home application – you wouldn’t have to place separate accents on your muscles as the machine is going to achieve that naturally.
3. Are There Any Prerequisites To Using This Machine?
The only thing that you need to do before your workout is to warm up. It’s essential that you get the blood flowing and your joints warmed up in order to avoid complications and unnecessary injuries. Apart from that, you don’t need anything else.
The clear winner in terms of performance, capabilities and overall utility is the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5. Even though it’s going to cost more than of the other units we’ve taken a look at, it’s convenient, particularly effective and provides a wide range of capabilities as listed above. Of course, this doesn’t mean that the other units are to be underestimated or taken lightly. Just the opposite – all of them deliver formidable capabilities in tight association with the price tag they have so you can pick a unit based on your budget and rest assured that it’s going to do a good job.
The truth is that a rowing machine can get quite a lot done for your overall organism. Not only is it great for burning down excessive calories, it’s also particularly convenient for building muscle in certain specific areas. Furthermore, it’s going to get you in perfect shape, provided you spend an inconsiderable amount of time every day. It goes without saying that this is a great alternative to wasting time going to the gym and you can also combine it with some other activities like watching TV, for instance.
The aforementioned should provide you with everything you need to make a properly informed choice so don’t waste your time and start looking.
Futher Reading: Top 5 best stair steppers: how to choose the best stair stepper