The best adjustable weight bench is without a doubt something that’s going to help you perform powerful workout routines in the comfort of your home.
Now, the truth is that an adjustable weight bench for home usage is particularly beneficial. You will be able of performing a wide range of different exercises and improving your physical form quite a bit. Let’s take a look at the benefits that you will be able to enjoy.
One-off investment: you don’t need to pay money for expensive gym memberships. A bench and a few dumbbells and a barbell with weight disks is all that you are ever going to need to maintain the perfect body.
Freedom of training: you can work out whenever you find time for it. This means that you can go ahead and work out before or after you go to work and you don’t have to be worried about schedules and travelling times or traffic jams.
A bench is multi-purpose: even though you might think that you can perform only upper-body exercises with a bench, that’s not true. You can perform quite a few leg-exercises as well. The most common example is the Bulgarian Pistol Squad – an exercise which is used and respected by every single professional bodybuilder in the world.
Easy storage: all of the following benches are convenient to store away as they are folded. You don’t have to worry about them taking any space of your room. However, keep in mind that they are also rather compact so you wouldn’t have to designate a lot of room for them anyways.
Best Adjustable Weight Bench Reviews 2017
Best Adjustable Weight Benches Quick Comparison
Now, as we’ve mentioned before, we decided to go ahead and take a look at 5 of the highest rated products out there. We’ve synthesized hundreds of customer reviews in order to provide you with detailed yet concise information. It goes without saying that the different benches are designed with different intentions in mind. They are intended to satisfy budgets of all kinds as well as to fit the preferences of various individuals. With all this in mind, these are the best at home weight benches that we’d like to drive your attention to
|Product||Max Lift Load||Dimensions |
(L x W x H)
|Number of Positions||Quality|
|Rep Adjustable Bench - 1000 lb Capacity||1000 lbs||54"x26"x17,5"||7 total|
|Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 Adjustable Bench||480 lbs||54’’x19’’x9’’||6 total|
|BowflexSelectTech 3.1 Adjustable Bench||480 lbs||53’’x20’’x9’’||4 total|
|Universal 5 Position Weight Bench||430 lbs||51"x17"x25"||5 total|
|Body-Solid Powerline Flat/Incline/Decline Folding Bench||500 lbs||57’’x22’’x10’’||7 total|
-18°/ 0/+15°/+30°/+45°/ +60°/+75°
** Below, you’ll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer’s review on Amazon
What Should You Consider Before Buying An Adjustable Weight Bench
In any case, there are quite a few things that you would have to take into proper account when picking out the best at home weight bench. Here are some of the important factors that you might want to weigh in.
- Strength of the frame: this is going to determine the maximum amount of weight that the bench is capable of holding
- Positions of adjustment: that’s without a doubt one of the main characteristic of the bench. The more adjustment positions you have, the more complex exercises you will be capable of doing
- Padding: that’s going to determine the overall comfort that the bench is going to provide you as well as the proper alignment of your back while doing the exercise
- Brand: of course, this is a very important factor that most of us would almost always take into account.
- Budget: different units are valued at different budgets. That’s why the money you’ve decided to spend is ultimately going to determine the product you are going to buy.
The Best Adjustable Weight Benches Reviews
This is without a doubt a top contender. Being a sturdy and particularly reliable bench that can hold up to 1000 pounds, this is a great exercise equipment to have. It’s going to allow you to perform all sorts of routines and it’s most certainly going to pay off the investment thousands of times, considering that you could easily use this for decades.
However, let’s take closer look at the most characteristic features.
- 1000 lb maximum capacity which is perfect for usage with dumbbells, power racks, smith machines and whatnot.
- It has a vinyl covered rollers which are going to keep your legs locked while you perform decline exercises like barbell press, for instance
- It has leather padded top making it incredibly convenient and protective of your back
The dimensions of the unit are 54 x 26 x 17,5 inches and the pad measures about 11.5 inches wide at your shoulders which is more than enough, regardless of your size. It has 7 different ladder positions, ensuring a variety of exercises.
This particular bench is specifically designated to turn any kind of space into your personal fitness center. It is packed with everything necessary in order to live up to the task and is most certainly amongst the best units. It is brought to you by one of the most renowned manufacturers, which is particularly significant on its own. However, let’s take a deeper look at what the unit has to offer in terms of features and capabilities.
As far as the features of the weight bench go, it comes with:
- Six different adjustment positions: the bench is going to go from 17 degree decline all the way to a full 90 degree incline. This means that you can easily perform decline barbell press for the lower parts of your chest as well as complex shoulder press with the upright 90 degree incline position.
- Removable leg hold: this means that you can hold yourself steady while performing exercises when using the bench in a decline position. That’s particularly convenient as it delivers added stability
- It is capable of correcting the posture and stabilizing your position
As far as the dimensions of the unit go, it measures 54 x 19 x 9 inches and it has an approximate weight of about 63 pounds. The bench comes packed in a representative box with the company’s logos stamped on it. It’s compact and portable – perfect for domestic conditions.
Just like the previous unit, this is another one which is designated to turn your home into your gym and workout area. As you surely know, benches are overly used for a tremendous amount of muscle building exercises throughout the entire body. This unit definitely has a lot to offer, so let’s get started.
- Allows performance of over 30 different exercise
- It comes with a removable leg holder to help you with the stability. This is particularly important, especially when you are performing exercise in a decline position such as decline barbell press, for instance.
- The bench has special padding which is designated to correct your positioning in order to allow you to perform muscle-building exercises with free weight without any particular danger to your body.
- It offers a lot of adjustment possibilities.
The unit is also quite compact, measuring 53 x 20 x 9 inches. It has an approximate weight of about 68 pounds which makes it quite easy to move and store away. This space-efficient bench press might be the thing that gets you that motivation to build the body of your dreams.
This is another appropriate choice and definitely amongst the best at home weight benches on the market right now. The unit is definitely in the solid mid-range price tag and it does bring the convenience that you’d expect it to.
Let’s take a look at some of the features
- Five positions of adjustment, including incline, flat and decline and at -10, 0, 15, 30 and 45 degrees. There is not upright position of 90 degrees which makes it a bench for chest building exercises.
- It has a countered shape as well as five-inch foam rollers which are going to deliver stability and enhanced performance.
- There are stabilizing levelers which are going to ensure a sturdy training base regardless of the flooring
The unit comes in 17 x 25 x 51 inches (W x H x D) and it is capable of holding about 430 pounds of user weight as well as lift load. It has a rather formidable price tag and you would kind of expect it to have a 90 degree position but, unfortunately, it doesn’t.
As you can see from the description, this is a folding bench, making it perfect for domestic appliances. Furthermore, it has the three much needed bench positions – flat, inclined and declined which is absolutely amazing. It is a multi-bench which would allow you to perform a wide range of upper body exercises as well as a few lower-body ones.
In any case, let’s have a look at some of the top features that are worth discussing.
- 7 total adjustment positions which are going to deliver all the versatility you need
- The decline position is very helpful and it’s going to help you target the bottom part of your chest
- Transport wheels for convenient mobility and protection of your flooring, especially if you are using laminate.
As you can see, there are quite a few things that you might love about this bench. Furthermore, it’s rather affordable. As far as the size go, you can enjoy a 57 x 22 x 10 inches bench with an approximate weight of about 60 pounds – basically everything necessary.
The winner from all of the above clearly is the Rep Adjustable Bench – 1000 lb Capacity. While it may be valued at the higher price spectrum, it definitely has quite a lot to offer. From comfortable foam padding to a wide range of different positions, the unit is definitely everything that you might be looking for in a bench for home workouts.
Furthermore, it comes with extensive warranty which speaks volumes about the confidence that the manufacturer has in it. In comparison to the other products, this particular bench manages to encapsulate everything that’s needed and it offers the full spectrum of potential exercises. This is without a doubt the best at home weight bench.
In any case, now that you are well aware of the specifications revolving around the best at home weight benches, let’s go ahead and take a look at a few useful tips and tricks that you might want to take into account when using the bench.
Questions & Answers
1.How To Use The Adjustable Bench At Home?
Well, the first thing that you need to determine is the exercise that you want to go for. Let’s imagine that you want to do middle chest exercises. The best one for this part of your chest is the flat bench barbell press. In order to handle it properly, adjust the bench to be at a flat position. Lie firmly on the bench and press your shoulders together behind your back as much as you can. Hold the barbells strong and push down with your feet as you push the barbells in an upright position. This is without a doubt the most basic yet tremendously important exercise for building chest muscle.
However, this is just one simple example. You can take advantage of the different positions of the bench, especially if you decide to go with the Bowflex Select Tech 5.1 adjustable bench. You can do a wide range of motions for chest, back, shoulders, abdominal muscles and even leg workouts. (Check out 6 exercises with a weight bench)
2.The Positioning Is Also Important
Keep I mind that you need to calculate the spread of your hands as well as the overall room that you will need to use the bench. Some exercises, such as chest flies, for instance, are going to require large side distance as you would have to fully spread your hands.
3.How Long Should It Be?
That is strongly dependent on your own height. People who are over 6 feet tall might sometimes find troubles when they are looking for the right bench. However, you need to measure the dimensions when you have made your choice.
4.Do I Need A Decline Position?
A lot of people tend to avoid doing decline bench exercises. This is because a lot of blood is going to get channeled to the head and it could cause issues. However, there are some very good exercises that you can perform on a decline bench.
There are quite a few different exercises that you can perform on a declined position, but the ones that you need to focus on if you want to build bottom chest muscles are decline barbell press and decline dumbbell press. Of course, you can also go for some crunches to focus your abdominals.
As you can see, there are quite a few things that you might want to take into account in order to choose the best adjustable weight bench. It’s obvious that the Rep Adjustable Bench – 1000 lb Capacity is the clear winner in comparison. It’s going to fit all of the purposes that we described above and it meets all the high-standard choosing criteria.
However, the other products are also formidable and they are perfect for the money they are valued at. With all this in mind, you need to make sure that you determine the types of exercises that you want to be performing in advance. This might lead you to make a characteristic choice.
For instance, if you have issues with your head, decline bench is definitely off limits. In any case, you should pick the unit which is best for your needs and fits your budget.
Futher reading: Maxi Climber Reviews – Improve Your Fitness Quickly And Easily